The Parish Giving Scheme is tried and tested and being used by churches across the country. It enables a regular Direct Debit payment to be made from your bank and removes the need for carrying cash or filling in giving envelopes. The Diocese of Leeds is paying the set-up costs for us, so our churches are benefitting for free.
- It’s a simple way to give and helps the church plan for the future knowing the gifts are regular and reliable.
- It saves hours of time and reduces admin and risk for the church wardens as they will handle less money.
- It improves cash flow for church because Gift Aid can be claimed promptly.
- The PGS team will sum up, inform you, and thank you for what you give each year.
- You can remain anonymous if you wish, whilst still allowing us to collect Gift Aid.
- You can review your giving annually and can opt to increase it by inflation each year.
- It’s flexible. You can reduce or suspend payments at any time by phone or email (up to 10 days before the next payment is due).
- It’s easy to join the scheme, by phone or paper form (and online from March).
For all these fabulous reasons we’re keen for as many people as possible at St Chad’s to sign up.
You can sign up now:
Using a paper ‘Gift Form’
This is available from Helen Cruickshank, 0113 274 1430, firstname.lastname@example.org . Helen is happy to talk you through this and explain more about the scheme if you have questions.
Using the dedicated PGS telephone service: 0333 002 1260
Monday-Friday 9-5pm. This takes about 15 minutes and you will need to quote our St Chad’s PGS code: 460646223.
From March 2021 you will be able to sign up on -line.
Please wait until you have received confirmation from the PGS Team that the direct debit has been set up before you cancel any existing Standing Orders.