All Our Groups Meet at St Chad’s Parish Centre
Meetings: 5- 5.45pm Thursday evenings during term time
For: young people aged 4-6 years
Squirrels is the newest section in Scouts – sessions are packed with outdoors activities, fun, games, badges, laughter, and so much more to help our youngest members learn the skills they need for life.
If you are interested in joining us, please contact our leader Katie Fabri at firstname.lastname@example.org
Meetings: 6- 7.15pm Thursday evenings during term time
For: young people aged 6-8 years
Try new things – make new friends!
Every week, we gather in groups called Beaver Colonies to hop, skip and jump our way through lots of different games and activities.
- Explore the great outdoors
- Try new activities and learn new things – figuring out the world out by exploring, playing and doing
- Work as a team to help other people, in our local community and beyond
If you are interested in joining us, please contact our leader Melissa Simpkins at email@example.com
Meetings: 6- 7.20pm Thursday evenings during term time
For: young people aged 8-10 years
Develop new skills – soar to great heights!
Every week, we gather in groups called Cub Packs to take part in lots of interesting and challenging activities – achieving anything we set our minds to, and having lots of fun along the way.
- Go on adventures, such as camping and climbing
- Learn new skills, such as cooking a delicious meal or giving someone first aid.
- Work as a team to help other people – learning about global issues and making an impact in our community, such as collecting donations for charitable organisations
If you are interested in joining us, please contact our leader Carrie Pearson at firstname.lastname@example.org
Meetings: 7.30- 9pm Thursday evenings during term time
For: young people aged 10½-14 years
Jump in and get muddy. Give back and get set. Scouts ignore the butterflies and go for it!
Week in and week out, we gather in groups called Scout Troops to conquer the small task of changing the world.
- Master new skills and try new things
- Make new friends
- Have fun and go on adventures and camps, at home and abroad
- Explore the world around them
- Help others and make a difference, in their own communities and beyond
If you are interested in joining us, please contact our leader Andy Wood at email@example.com
Blacksheep Explorer Scout Unit
Meetings: 7.45- 9.15pm Wednesday evenings during term time
For: young people aged 14-18 years
As the oldest section within Scouts, we have a mixed programme of indoor and outdoor activities. Many Explorers have attended Scouts for several years and use their scouting skills to join in camps and expeditions throughout the year, often with other Explorers from across North Leeds. People who have never been to Scouts are also made very welcome and really enjoy the relaxed, sometimes very boisterous, atmosphere at the Blacksheep meetings! Many of the Explorers wish to do their Duke of Edinburgh Award through the Scouting Association and we are happy to supervise them in organising their expeditions for the Award.
If you are interested in joining us, please contact our leader Lesley Connor at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thought Of The Month
“Lord God of surprises,
we thank you that you know each one of us
and you call us to humble obedience to your will.
Give us that readiness to hear, accept and follow”
your purposes for our lives. Amen”
A prayer by Archbishop John Sentamu