‘ALL THINGS COME FROM YOU AND OF YOUR OWN DO WE GIVE YOU’
Each person should give what they
have decided in their hearts to give,
not reluctantly or under compulsion
for God loves a cheerful giver. 2 Cor 9v7
What St Chad’s offers you:
We are a welcoming and supportive church with a diverse and talented leadership team giving regular opportunities for:
- Holy Communion (traditional), Parish Communion), Parish Praise (monthly & less formal for all ages), Choral Evensong & Midweek Communion.
- Special Services
- Christmas, Easter, Harvest, Remembrance Day, Baptism, Confirmation, Weddings & Funerals.
- Other Activities
- Sunday Club for under-10s, Mothers’ Union, Scouts & Brownies, Youth Club for over-10s, Bible Study & Prayer Groups, Lunch Club for over-60s… visit ‘Get Involved’ for the full listing
What do we need?
We need the support of our congregation to help us run the church.
Insiders know just how many person-hours are needed to both maintain our attractive complex and provide worship services – over 150 hours per week. In addition, it costs £610/day to run St Chad’s.
Whether you are an insider or a sympathetic outsider, we eagerly seek your help to keep St Chad’s going and to expand what we do.
There are a number of ways to give, in relation to St Chad’s.
Offer other kinds of help
At the heart of our Church area broad range of projects and activities which are always looking for people who can give a little of their time. These include:
- Prepare for services and welcome people into church
- Lead prayers and read at services
- Serve coffee after services
- Clean the church and polish brasses
- Decorate the church with flowers
- Maintain the churchyard
- Sing in the church choir
- Help at the Lunch Club
- Ring the church bells before services
- Support asylum seekers and Fairtrade
- Offer pastoral support to the ill, elderly and bereaved
- Support Christian Aid
- Help at the Memory Cafe
If you would like to participate in or contribute to any of these activities contact Rev Tom Lusty –
firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel: 0113 278 2475.